I asked this question to a group of 9 Korean middleschoolers. Here is what I got:
4 thought sharks are scarier. Here are their reasons:
– Sharks are very big
– Snakes can be pets. Sharks cannot.
– Sharks have big teeth.
– Sharks are big fish (this girl was scared of fish)
– Sharks eat people.
– Sharks often show up at beaches.
5 thought snakes were scarier. Here are their reasons:
– Snakes don’t feel good.
– You don’t often meet sharks.
– Snakes are very long and thin
– Snakes are poisonous.
– Snakes bit people.
There you have it.
If you have any debates you would like settled by Korean middleschoolers, let me know.